The Shevaroys Educational Institutions run under the Chairpersonship of two Sacrificing personalities Sri. R.Devadass and Smt. Ilavarasi Devadass. These two legends have been the great support and continuous encouragement to take-up the institutions to the newer height.
In the year 1971, Mr.N.Ramasamy Udayar, a freedom fighter and industrialist of Salem bought a British Bungalow situated amidst 14 acres of lush green coffee plantations and converted it into a guest house with just 4 rooms and a small kitchen to cater to the rare visitors of Yercaud in 1971. The Shevaroy Viruthambal Charitable Trust was founded by Mr.N.Ramasamy Udayar.
The year 1991 witnessed the succession of the management by Mr. R. Devadass, the third son of Mr. N.Ramasamy Udayar. Being a young and energetic graduate in Arts as well as Law, Mr.R.Devadass spruced up the operations of the entire hotel and Viruthambal Charitable Trust.
The Trust established an Arts and Science College in the academic year 2011-2012 in the vicinity of a small hamlet called Vazhavandhi, a quite place the high mountains of the Shevaroyan hills, that provides a serene ambience for learning. The Institution is to provide state-of-the-art facilities for the Students to inculcate knowledge and overall development. The college has a well qualified and experienced team of Professors and Lecturers to impart the best education.
- Peaceful Area for Study.
- Immediate Medical Facilities for Students.
- No Pollution,Fresh Air.
- 100% Safty to Girls Students.
- No Possibilities for Concentration Diversion.
- No Public Disturbance.
Main Academic Focus
Shevaroys College of Arts & Science is committed to advance all pervasive development of students by considering individual needs, interests and natural abilities of the students and imparting student-centric quality education accessible to all, inculcating the value system to strengthen the economic, social and cultural life and to build sensible, responsible, patriotic citizen with global outlook.
Shevaroys College of Arts & Science aims at eliminating the darkness of ignorance and spreading light of education up to the grass root level, thereby enriching lives, enhancing economic, social and cultural development through overall quality enrichment with building competencies required in the competitive global environment.
- To develop rural students especially girl students to face challenges of future and make them responsible citizens of India.
- To enrich the overall personality of students through student-centric quality education.
- To build and elevate confidence, rational decision making power and better code of conduct.
- To develop positive attitude, moral and social values.
- To organize co-curricular and extra-curricular activities to bring out the hidden talent of the students and nature the same.
- To spread the light of education to unprivileged and underprivileged class of the society.